Halloween is almost here, and we're getting in the spirit by hosting a Halloween Art Contest!
We know that Halloween has become a big deal—you'll see it everywhere: on TV, in stores, and even on social media. But we think there's something special about making your own traditions.
That's why we're encouraging families to make Halloween handicrafts and post photos of their creations on this link fromOctober 20 to October 29for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
Here's how it works:
1) Create your own Halloween art! It can be anything from a pumpkin carving to an edible treat or even just an adorable costume for your dog, as long as it is a handicraft or DIY.
2) Take some photos of your creation. Make sure you show us what it is and where you made it!
3) FromOctober 20 to October 29, upload your photos to the link below. Make sure to use the hashtags#GyroorHalloween
4) We'll announce the 10 winners via our FB and IG stories onOctober 30!
The prize will be awarded based on how many likes, shares, and comments your photos get. So, the more creative and adorable your craft is, the better chance you'll have at winning!
Halloween Handicraft Ideas for youIn this article, we'll be taking a look at some fun and easy Halloween handicraft ideas that you can make with items you already have lying around the house. You can use these crafts to decorate your home or give them away as gifts to your friends and family! You can use these ideas for the photo contest above!
These are great projects for kids, too—they'll have fun making them while they learn a little bit about the holiday.
DIY Paper Plate Spider
The first one is a simple paper plate spider. All you have to do is cut out two eyes from black construction paper, then attach them to the center of your plate using glue dots. Then take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the center of the plate to create a spider web effect.
This next one is for those who like to carve pumpkins so they can light them up on Halloween night. This is also a great way for kids to get involved in making their own Halloween decorations! The best part about this project is that it doesn't require any carving tools—just an ordinary knife will do! Just follow these steps:
1) Cut off both ends of the pumpkin so that they're flat on top; then carve out an area for eyes, nose, and mouth.
2) Scoop out any seeds and pulp from inside your pumpkin with a spoon or knife, then clean it with a damp cloth and let it dry completely before moving on to step 3 below.
3) Insert your LED lights into the eye sockets by drilling small holes and cutting slits into the nostrils and mouth corners.
DIY Haunted HouseAll you need for this project is some cardboard, scissors, glue, and paint. Cut out a rectangular base for your house, then cut out windows and doors from the sides. Use your glue to attach them to the front of the house. Finally, paint it all black so that it looks like an old-timey haunted mansion!
To make things even more spooky, add some fake bats flying around outside. They're easy to make—just cut out bat shapes from black construction paper or poster board and glue them onto sticks (or just use twigs from outside). Then hang them up outside using string or wire so they look like they're flying around in front of the house!
These are just some of the ideas that can help you to make the best Halloween decorations out there! You don't have to spend a lot of money on pre-made items or even go to a store to buy supplies—you just need some creativity and imagination.
Happy Gyroor Halloween!🎃