The battery is the power component of the hoverboard, and it plays a very important role. It provides a steady flow of energy to the motor so that you can drive freely on the hoverboard. Here we collected the 10 offen asked questions and answer about the hoverboard battery.
Read More: Is the hoverboard battery safe or exploding?
1. What Kind Of Batteries Do Hoverboards Use?
Most hoverboards use lithium ion batteries, the kind often used in laptops and cell phones. More about lithium-ion battery, please read it on Wiki.
2. How Many Volts Is A Hoverboard Battery?
There is no known standard for hoverboard batteries, but from the products in the online store, the battery pack seems to be composed of a stack of 11s and 2p (22 batteries in total), with a total nominal voltage of 36V and a rated charging capacity of 4,400 millimetres. But for safety reasons, all hoverboard batteries should be UL2272 certified.
3. How Long Should Hoverboard Battery Last?
For battery life: A hoverboard is about 8 to 14 miles or 3 to 4 hours of continuous use. For charging cycle: The hoverboard battery cycle can last about 500 charging cycles before it needs to be replaced.
4. Why Is My Hoverboard Dying So Fast?
There are 3 main reasons that can cause the battery to drain quickly.
- Weight: Heavy equipment plus a heavy rider will cause the battery to drain quickly.
- Handling: Like any other electronic device, rough handling can cause the battery to drain.
- Terrain: Rough surfaces and steep slopes will cause the hoverboard to use more power.
5. How Do I Know If My Hoverboard Battery Is Bad?
If your hoverboard is turned on (after fully charged) and there is a red flashing light in the center, your hoverboard battery is defective and you need to buy a new hoverboard battery.
6. How Do You Reset A Hoverboard Battery?
4 Steps to reset the hoverboard battery:
- Turn off and level the Hoverboard.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until you see the light flash 5 times.
- Turn off the hoverboard again.
- Turn on again to finish the calibration.
Related: How To Calibrate A Beeping Hoverboard
7. Can You Replace Battery In Hoverboard?
The hoverboard battery not working is not repairable by a common consumer, but it is replaceable! You can buy a new battery online (or from the hoverboard supplier) and replace it yourself. Note: Watch related videos on the Youtube before you buy the battery.
8. Do I Need To Charge My Hoverboard Battery Before Using It?
Yes, you should fully charge the new hoverboard battery before use. For safe transportation, the shipping company only allows the hoverboard battery to be charged not higher than 30%.
9. Why Is My Hoverboard Battery Blinking?
If the green light blinking, it means your hoverboard battery is low, usually less than 20%, and you need to charge it. If your hoverboard charger indicator remains green, then your hoverboard is either fully charged or your battery is defective.
10. How Often Do I Need To Charge My Batteries If I'm Not Using My Hoverboard?
Whether in use or not, the hoverboard battery will dying out its own. To get the best battery life, we recommend that you charge a new hoverboard battery and use the hoverboard at least once every 90 days. If you want to store the hoverboard for a long time, please store the battery at only 20%-30% power.
Have any other questions about hoverboard battery, comment below to let’s know.