Have you already bought a electric scooter or want to buy a electric scooter? When you buy a scooter, the battery is a very critical consideration.
This article describes when and how to charge your electric scooter, extend battery life and get a longer riding range.
When to Charge an Electric Scooter?
In daily riding, if the remaining power cannot meet your next trip, then you need to charge your electric scooter.
Also, if you are going to store your electric scooter in winter, then you need to charge the electric scooter and keep it around 60%.
Should I charge my electric scooter after every ride?
You don’t need to charge your scooter everyday or charge after every ride. The best way to charge is to keep the battery level between 30% and 80%. If you are going to ride a long distance, please fully charge the scooter before riding.
How often should I charge my e scooter?
When you are not using it, it is recommended to fully charge your electric scooter every 2-3 months.
How to charge a electric scooter
It is very easy to charge your electric scooter, only need 3 steps.
- Plug the charger into the wall socket
- Connect the charger plug to the charging port of the scooter
- Charge until the indicator light on the charger turns green and disconnect in time.
Do electric scooters charge on or off?
When charging the electric scooter, the power switch or key switch should be in the off position. Here are reasons why do this:
- Prevent the accelerator pedal from stepping on or twisting due to misoperation during charging.
- Prevent the battery from running out continuously after stopping charging, causing battery damage。
How Long Does An Electric Scooter Battery Last?
You can simply think about 2 to 3 years. The electric scooter battery will lose significant capacity after 300 to 500 cycles or a range of 3,000 to 25,000 miles.
How Long Does It Take to Charge An Electric Scooter Battery?
It takes 4 to 20 hours to charge an electric scooter, but the charging time greatly depends on the battery capacity and the charger used. Please check the electric scooter manual for details
- Gyroor X8 charge time is about 4.5 hours.
- Gyroor HR9 charge time is about 3-5 hours.
Can you leave electric scooter on charge overnight?
You’d better not charge your electric scooter overnight.
Although many electric scooters have built-in overcharge protection function, it will not be damaged if plugged in for a few minutes after fully charged, but do not leave it for too long.
I recommend finding out the daily charging mode. It will depend on the charging time of your electric scooter.
For example, if your e scooter needs about 3 hours to charge, please plug it in when you get home from work and unplug it at night. If it takes 8 hours, you can plug it in before going to bed, charge it overnight, and unplug it in the morning.
How to extrend electric scooter battery life
- When storing for a long time, please fully charge your scooter and place it in a cool and dry place
- Run your scooter within 30% to 80% of battery capacity
- The ambient temperature during charging is between 32 F and 113 F (0 C to 45 C)
- Please unplug the plug in time after charging
- Do not fully discharge the scooter in less than an hour
- Do not fully charge the scooter in less than an hour
How to Extend Your Electric Scooter Range?
After riding for a certain period of time, you have found the approximate travel distance of the electric scooter. But did you know that it is possible to expand the mileage of an electric scooter through some simple operations?
- Don't drive at top speed
- Don't accelerate too frequently
- Don't overload
- Driving on a flat road
- Turn off the electric scooter when not in use
- Regularly maintain theelectric scooter
- Replace with new battery
- Check the brakes
- Check tire pressure
If you are considering buying an electric skateboard, I hope my suggestion will enable you to buy a satisfactory product.
Gyroor H30 - Handlebar 3 Levels adjustable electric scooter with flash LED wheel for kids
Gyroor HR9 - Folding Electric Scooter for Commuting & Travel
Gyroor X8 - Electric Scooter with Smart APP Control, NFC Unlock