Hoverboard is not only a fun toy, but also a new personal transportation tool. If you own hoverboard, you must know that the equipment often faces problems, and each problem requires some routine maintenance and repair. Below we have compiled some common problems and repair methods.
The first thing you need to do is try to figure out what happened to your hoverboard.If you don't know what happened, a reset is necessary.
1. How To Reset A Hoverboard?
- Turn off the hoverboard.
- Keep both sides of the pedal parallel to the horizontal plane.
- Press and hold the power switch for 5 seconds, then release it.
- When you hear the sound, the system starts to calibrate; the red light (the driving indicator light and the left turn indicator light) flashes 3 times.
- Wait for the red light to turn on, the system calibration is complete, you can cycle off and then on again.
Hoverboard reset can solve most of the problems. If reset not working for you, keep reading.
2. Hoverboard Flash Red Light
On our post “How To Fix A Hoverboard Keep Beeping And Red Light”, we have talked about flash red light 1-9 times and how to fix it.
3. How to Fix the Hoverboard Can’t Turn On
If your hoverboard cannot be turned on for any reason, you should first check whether the scooter can be charged. When doing so, if you do not see the green light on the charger box light up, it means that the internal circuit of the hoverboard has been damaged. The only solution here is to replace them.
On the contrary, if the green light on the charger is always on, turn on the air cushion. If you see the orange light flashing, it means you need to replace the battery.
4. How to Fix the Hoverboard Can’t Turn Off
When your hoverboard keeps beeping and will not turn off, you need to take matters into your own hands. You should turn it over and unscrew it and slowly remove the battery, this will stop the noisy beeps. Or you put it in a flat garage or room and wait for it to automatically run out of battery and shut down.
5. How to Fix the Hoverboard Not Charging
- The charger shows a red light. Just let it charge for 2-3 hours, and then you can ride your hoverboard again.
- The green light on the charger is always on, but the hoverboard cannot ride. A red light appears with a beeping sound when it is turned on. This means that your battery is broken and you need to buy a new battery and learn to replace it yourself.
- The hoverboard cannot be opened without a charger, or the hoverboard displays an orange light when it is powered on. This is also a battery problem, which can be solved through the second point.
- The charger does not light up at all. First, make sure that the three-pin plug and the charging port are completely matched, then check the power socket, and use the laptop or mobile phone to try to see if there is electricity. If the socket is working properly, then your charger may be broken.
- A loose charging socket may also cause the charger to not light up. You can open the back cover on the side of the charging port, unplug and plug in all the cables, and try the charger again.
- Sometimes the charger does not light up because your charging port is broken. In this case, you can buy a new one online and learn to replace it yourself.
6. How to Replace a New Battery for Hoverboard
The battery is dead, which is a common occurrence. The lithium-ion battery pack has a design life of one to two years, after which it will begin to degrade. The first sign you may need a new battery is that battery life will be significantly reduced. Another sign is the terrible red beeping light. Eventually, the battery will not be able to charge at all. However, don’t worry, most air cushions are designed to make the battery easy to access and replace.
7. How to Fix the Hoverboard Fault Sensor
The hoverboard uses gyroscopes and other balance-based sensors for precise control during use. Over time, these sensors and gyroscopes may become damaged or misaligned. Replacing the gyroscope is a complicated process and may require professional help.
8. How to Fix the Hoverboard Get Wet
If you find yourself riding in the mud or walking through deep puddles, the internal circuitry of your hoverboard may get wet and damage the motherboard. If the hoverboard is in contact with water and the power is cut off, please cut off the power immediately, remove the main board, and take out the battery. Clean all components with a soft dry cloth, and then let all components dry overnight. If it works, long live. If it does not work, you may need to purchase replacement parts online.
9. How to Fix the Hoverboard Pad Stuck Issue
If you want to know how to repair a hoverboard that does not move, then you should know that the solution is simple.
When the skateboard cannot sense the rider and therefore cannot work normally, the problem of the pad being hit occurs. You can solve this problem by closing the hoverboard and pushing the cushions and releasing them to see if they can return to their original positions. If it does not work, you should remove the lower plastic casing and reposition the pads from inside the circuit board.
10. How to Fix a Hoverboard Wheels and motors Problems
Most hoverboards are designed so that the motor is located on each wheel, which can provide sufficient and stable acceleration. However, if you frequently use hoverboards for off-road activities, the wheels may chip and damage. In addition, the motor itself will degrade over time. This situation is more complicated, you should find a professional repair shop to help you.
11. How To Fix The Hoverboard Not Self Balance Issue
If your self-balancing scooter is not properly balanced, the reasons may be different. One of the reasons may be that the scooter is not in self-balancing mode. You can correct this problem by bringing it to a flat area and making sure that both feet are touching the pedal for easier detection.
Uncalibrated equipment may also be a cause, and you need to recalibrate the board to solve this problem. If the cause is a broken wire, you can open the circuit board and reconnect all wires. Likewise, if damaged gyroscopes are the culprit, replacing them may help.
12. How To Fix The Hoverboard Pressure Sensor Problem
Hoverboard pressure sensor problems are common. If your hoverboard does not feel you when you step on it, you should unscrew it after turning it upside down. The pressure sensor is usually located near the wheel. When you step on the chessboard, two little wings will join, and the chessboard will start to detect you. If this does not happen, you need to buy a new sensor.
13. How To Fix Vibration When You Get Off The Hoverboard
If your hoverboard spins in circles or loses control when you get out of the car, then you need to solve the problem. Before that, you should know that there is an air bag under the rubber pad. When you press the rubber pad, you can hear the sound from it.
You should turn off the hoverboard first, turn it upside down and remove the back cover. Remove the back cover from the side where the problem occurs (you can press the foot pad with your hand to feel the side with the problem). Then remove everything until you see a little plastic lip under the plastic casing. When you see that little lip, you need to cut it open with a knife to let the air out.
14. How to Fix Hoverboard Wheel Lock Issue
When you want to get rid of the locking problem of the hoverboard wheel, you should disassemble the wheel by removing four screws. Then you need to pull the wheel to make sure you see the gasket.
In most cases, when the self-balancing is damaged, the hoverboard wheel lock problem will occur, which will block the space and make the self-balancing motor unable to work. You can replace the gasket to solve this problem
15. How To Fix The Hoverboard Cable Loosen Issue
As you ride and enjoy the hoverboard, the cables will loosen over time. But don't worry, because the repair is relatively simple. Take a screwdriver and remove the case, then walk around and tighten any loose cables you encounter.
Hope the above 15 methods are helpful to you.
If you want to buy a new hoverboard for yourself or kids, Gyroor hoverboard is a good choice for you. All products are UL 2272 certified, One year warranty for hoverboard and 6 months warranty for the battery.